2- 8oz Salmon Filets (I used Fresh King/Chinook Salmon)
1 T. Coconut Oil
1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
1/2 tsp. Smoked Paprika
1/4 tsp. Chipotle Powder (adjust if you don’t like things too spicy)
Mango Salsa (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In an oven-proof pan, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Season filets (evenly distribute over the two filets) with sea salt, paprika, and chipotle powder.
- When oil is heated, place salmon into the pan, skin-side up. Cook until the meat is browned, about 3 minutes.
- Flip the salmon and transfer the pan to the preheated oven. Cook until the salmon reaches your desired doneness (this will depend on the thickness of your filet, but mine took 7 minutes for medium-rare).
- Remove from oven, transfer to a plate, and top with mango salsa.
. Blank .
Ingredients for Mango Salsa:
Juice of 1 Lime
1 T. Minced Jalapeno (adjust to your liking)
2 T. Finely Chopped Fresh Cilantro
1/8 tsp. Smoked Paprika
Pinch of Chipotle Powder (omit if you don’t like things too spicy)
Pinch of Salt
For more of Jen’s recipes, check out her blog, Jen’s Gone Paleo.